Tuesday, February 15, 2011

When the anti-choice get a clue: "I was a pro-life Republican"

This is refreshing. The author explains how she was anti-choice until she fell in love and realized that wanting sex doesn't make you a slut. "I was a pro-life Republican--until I fell in love" tells the story in her own words.
After all, I was 16, 17, 18. I knew everything. And what I knew more than anything else was that anyone who got herself into the position of having an unwanted pregnancy was filthy in body and soul. And again, since I would absolutely never have premarital sex, I would absolutely never make the decision to murder my child. Because I was pure, and so were babies, and together, me and the babies and my perfect hymen, we were all going to be fine if we could just fight the ignorant sluts. So that’s what I did. I talked and argued and cajoled and pontificated. I ministered to the heathen nerdgirl sluts in Telnet chats and online bulletin boards. I stood up for what I believed in, which was: If you do not believe like me, you deserve whatever brand of God’s wrath comes your way.
Read the rest.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts